If you’re an avid golfer, the Black Hills are a fantastic destination for your next vacation. Executive Lodging offers gorgeous vacation rentals that are nearby top golf courses in the Black Hills, Badlands, and surrounding areas.
If you’re interested in golfing in the area, you can learn more about what’s available below, or take a look at a few of our blog posts.
What You Can Expect When Golfing In The Black Hills
Most golf courses in The Black Hills are at a fairly high elevation, given the rocky and mountainous characteristics of the region. You’ll want to pack some warm clothes, especially if you’re coming earlier in the spring, or in the autumn.
Most of the region is composed of pine forest and no matter where you golf, you’ll see scenic vistas and rolling woodlands, as well as the hills and mountains that give The Black Hills their name.
We recommend taking it easy when golfing for the first time in the Black Hills. The high elevation can make physical activity a bit challenging, so make sure that you know how much exertion you can handle when golfing. You should also bring sun protection, as the high elevation can make you more prone to sunburn in warmer months.
Golf Courses In The Area – Our Top Picks
There are plenty of golf courses in the area, so you’ll have many choices when choosing your next golfing destination. Here are a few of our top picks in the area:
- Rocky Knolls Golf Course – This short, 9-hole golf course is located in Custer and offers a short, yet entertaining course that’s appropriate for golfers of all ages and abilities.
- Hart Ranch Golf Course – Hart Ranch Golf Course is an 18-hole course nestled in the foothills of the Black Hills, near Rapid City. Palatial and expansive, with rolling hills and quite a few relatively treeless areas, Hart Ranch is always popular with local golfers.
- Tomahawk Lake Country Club – While Tomahawk Lake Country Club is members-only, they offer a selection of public tee times for a nominal fee. This gorgeous golf course has a total of 9 holes, characterized by giant trees, rocky rough patches, and a large central hill around which the golf course is built.
- Rapid City Elks Golf Course – This semi-private club offers an 18-hole course, directly east of Rapid City. With a high elevation, unique wetlands, and gorgeous views of the Black Hills, this golf course is popular with locals and tourists alike.
- Meadowbrook Golf Facility – This golf course was built by David Gill & Associates design, around Rapid Creek. It has been the site of USGA tournaments in the past and most recently hosted the 2010 College Women’s National Golf Championships. Well-maintained and with a varied, professional course design, Meadowbrook is very popular, especially in the warmer summer months.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. For more about golf courses in the area, contact us today! We can give you all of the information you need about the best courses, pro shops, and even club rentals if you aren’t going to be able to bring your own set!
Executive Lodging – The Best Vacation Rentals For Golfers In The Black Hills!
With a central location that’s near Sturgis, Deadwood, Rapid City, and other golfing destinations in the Black Hills, we’re the best choice for golfers looking to explore the scenic beauty of the Black Hills. Take a look at our rental options today, and start planning your next golf vacation with Executive Lodging!